- Size: 82" L x 30" W
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Mirna Hernandez.
- Product info: 100% cotton, guacimo wood rods, brass S-hooks; cotton bag
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item: Mirna Hernandez of Nicaragua presents this traditional Nicaraguan hammock, swaying from guacimo wood rods. Handwoven of sturdy cotton rope, the cozy single hammock features multicolored stripes that evoke the tropics, completed at the sides with elegant fringework. It arrives with a handy storage and travel bag.
Bed size: 82.0" L x 30.0" W
Total length: 130.0" L
Bag: 44.0" H x 7.0" Diam.
- Hand wash only
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Hanging accessories included
- Holds up to 200 lbs.
- Not weather resistant
About our Artist: 'I'm a proud artisan from Nicaragua and I craft hammocks by hand. My grandfather taught me as I watched him work. Later on, my sister Gloria trained me. I'm grateful for her time, patience and the love with which she taught me. I enjoy the entire process of hammock making. Today I have assistants and together we work faster and better. In order to work as an independent artisan, my family has been my greatest inspiration. Initially, I felt fearful as I had to do everything on my own. But that uncertainty soon turned to confidence, which helped me fill the orders we received little by little.'...
Package Dimensions: 40.9 x 6.3 x 5.9 inches